Housing Advice

Wherever you live, your accommodation is one of the most important parts of your life as a student and you should feel happy and safe living there.

The Advice Service supports students with a wide range of accommodation issues, including finding a new house, contracts, the Tenancy Deposit Scheme, inventories, bills, council tax, gas safety, ending your tenancy and moving out.

Ready to sign your housing contract? Moving out?

Our advisors can also help if you are having problems with the property, your landlord, fellow tenants or neighbours.

Useful information on the legalities of renting, moving in best practice and how to resolve issues can be found here.

If you are having problems with University halls, you can be confident that our advisors are independent of the University and will always work in your best interests. 

Feel free to contact us if you have any issue, big or small.