Apply by clicking the button below:
The Access to Recreation Grant has been set up to reduce financial barriers to participating in Students' Union activity.
Students can claim up to £200 (in advance or after spending) towards:
- Joining SU societies and groups which have membership fees
- Purchasing equipment necessary for joining SU society activities (for example, kit)
- Joining RAG (Raise and Give) challenges which have admin fees
- Travel to attend meetings and activities with your society
- Trips that meet the goals and purpose of the society
- Gaining relevant documentation to participate in activities (e.g. overseas criminal records checks that require payment)
In term 2 priority will be given to students who are in their first year of reciept of the Manchester Bursary
You must meet AT LEAST one of the following criteria to apply:
- Students in receipt of the Manchester Bursary/Article 26 ~Scholarship
- Postgraduate students who were in receipt of maintenance grant as an undergraduate student
- Postgraduate students who are in receipt of the Manchester Master’s Bursary
- Students with a disability
- Students who are carers
- Students who are parents
- Students in receipt of The Undergraduate Access Bursary
- Students in receipt of the Merit and Equity Scholarship
- International students facing additional costs because of your immigration status
- Living at Home Students
TIMELINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The timeline for applications is detailed below:
- Applications Open – Friday 28th September
- Applications Close – Friday 12th October
- Confirmation and grant allocation by: Friday 19th October
- Applications Open –
- Applications Close –
- Confirmation of grant allocation by:
- The Access to Recreation Grant has limited financial resource. In the event that application bids exceed this resource, a selection process will take place and some bids will be unsuccessful - further infomation about the process is detailed on the application form.
- Any student who recieves money from the Access to RecreationGrant will be required to complete two short surveys to help us evaluate the impact of the fund.
- Details on how your data will be stored and used are on the application fund.